Friday, October 7, 2011

The Movie: COURAGEOUS

Courageous is a very good movie. And I would recommend that every father try and see it. But, is it cheesy? Does it try and do too much with the story line? Yes to both of those questions. But, often Christian movies are cheesy...this one in my humble opinion is only moderately so. Again let me say that every father should try and see it...it is inspiring, motivational, has some intense pathos and excellent humour.

Would I invite a non-Christian friend to this movie. Nope. There are parts of the movie that reflect the fundamentalist Christian culture of the USA where the movie was made. And to a great many normal, ordinary, secular Canadians I think there would be a number of "huh, what's that all about" moments. In my opinion it might work as a good witnessing tool in many places, but I don't think many of those places are in urban Canada.

Courageous was far and away the most popular movie this weekend in probably every Cineplex where it was shown. Number of people per showing was 145% higher than Dream House; 110% higher than 50/50; 87% higher than Dolphin Tale and 81% higher than Moneyball. The closest was The Lion King and Courageous still had 67% more people on average in every theater.

Posted by Royal 07/10/11

No comments:

Post a Comment