Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Argentina; Astonishing Lessons from the Past

We've been here now for four days and have met numerous people whom we worked with, ate with, laughed with, and knew deeply. Seeing them now after these twenty and more years I've heard many of them tell me about seemingly small things that I did or said that made a profound impression on their lives. What captures my attention is that I was only going about my work and seeking to be faithful and had absolutely no idea that these things were actually so significant in the lives of these people.
It is a wonderful lesson for me, for it is a reminder that perhaps more often than not we simply do not know what impact we are having on the lives of other people. In fact I dare say that perhaps even most of the time we have no idea if our daily lives are significant for the cause of the kingdom or not. I have learned that through the faithful carrying out of that which seems insignificant that God is building an invisible kingdom through us...and to be sure we may never know until we stand before Him whether our actions and our faithfulness were of any account, but by faith now we can and must believe him that every cup of cold water given to the thirsty, that food given to the hungry, encouragement given to the desperate, direction given to the wandering, the gospel given to the seeking one...that all these things count for the good of people in this life and they will count for us when we stand before the judge who sees all and forgets nothing.
Royal for the family

1 comment:

  1. ". . .seemingly small things that I did or said that made a profound impression on their lives. What captures my attention is that I was only going about my work and seeking to be faithful and had absolutely no idea that these things were actually so significant in the lives of these people."

    What a marvelous blessing to read this, and to know that our lives DO indeed make a difference in the Kingdom. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

    How wonderful that we ordinary people can be used in this way.

    And how good of God to show you this, Royal and Linda! He is kind, and good, and Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete